Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Go Seahawks!!

Seahawks Jersey Cake for Jimmy's 1/11/11 Birthday

Jimmy with the Seahawk
Jimmy's love for the Seahawks inspired my first cake of 2011.  It is made with store bought white cake mix dyed blue and green like his fan hair at Saturday's earthshaking game and covered with blue dyed store bought fondant.  I used gel food coloring to paint the logo onto white fondant as well as the darker portion of the sleeves.  The idea for a Seahawks Jersey cake was copied from someone online who did a more professional job but I am pretty proud nonetheless.  The best thing about using fondant for the first time was the forgiving aspect of my design, it was just a t-shirt after all.  So mixing colors, and even laying the fondant were very relaxed.  In fact, I had to make a deliberate wrinkle or two to make it more realistic.  The most challenging part was painting the logo but also my favorite creation.  Thanks to my own dedicated fans, who chose the 12th man theme, we finished this before 11pm on 1/11/11.  Happy Birthday Jimmy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome, Cobi!! Seriously! It's amazing. And I love that you posted it at 11:11 on 1/11/11. ;) Really well done. I'm excited to see what you do next -- and after that and after that!

    ReplyDelete