Friday, April 22, 2011

April Flowers

Addie's April Flowers
This window box cake was made for a sweet little girl named Addie.  She had a beautiful third birthday party on a rare sunny morning at our neighborhood park.  This cake was made for alot of people but, of course, there were still leftovers!  My biggest challenge on this one was too many helpers.  I couldn't do without them but there are times, like putting on the last touches that it would have been nice if I had sent them all to the park too!  My youngest loves watching me but eventually can't stand that I am giving all my devoted Mommy attention to someone else's cake! 

This was a yellow cake with strawberry mousse filling and a buttercream frosting under my very own homemade fondant.  I used flower molds to make the white chocolate lollipop flowers. 

My little birthday girl seemed happy with her cake but was already looking droopy at her party and fell asleep before the cake was cut.  I was so sorry to hear she spent her birthday weekend sick in bed.  Hope you are feeling better Addie!

No comments:

Post a Comment